Welcome to Gentem Health, Inc., a data-driven medical billing and revenue solution to help medical practices grow their business. When we say “you” or “user,” we’re referring to anyone who interacts with our Services (defined below), including Customers, as defined below. Gentem may also be referred to herein as “us,” “we,” or “our.”
First, a note about Gentem’s commitment to your privacy:
Gentem deeply values its role in assisting our Customers with their medical billing and revenue cycle management. Central to that role is safeguarding the privacy of personal information, including personal information that is protected by the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996 (“HIPAA”) (referred to as protected health information (“PHI”)) and personal information that may not be considered PHI.
Here are a few things we want you to know:
2. We collect only the personal information we need in order to provide you with access to, or allow you to access, our website and services. We do not collect more information than we need. The personal information that we ask our Customers to provide us, or give you the option to provide us, helps us provide you with our services.
3. We do not use your personal information for purposes unrelated to the reasons for which it was collected or unrelated to your reasonable expectations. We know it is important to you that you be aware of all the reasons that your information is handled by Gentem.
4. We do our best to minimize the amount of data we store. We understand the importance of keeping to a minimum the personal and sensitive data that we may maintain.
5. We do not sell your identifiable personal information without your consent.
Information we collect from you may be subject to state data privacy laws and the Federal Trade Commission’s authority.
Table of Contents
• Personal Information We Collect
• How We Use Your Personal Information
• How We Will Not Use Your Personal Information
• How We Share Your Personal Information
• Your Rights with Respect to Your Information
• International Data Transfers
• Personal Information of Minors
• Retention and Security
• Third Party Websites and Content
• Changes to this Policy
• How to Contact Us
Personal Information We Collect
Information you provide to us. Personal information you provide to us through the Services or otherwise may include:
● Contact Data, such as your name, email address, mailing address(es), phone number, account username and password, or other similar unique identifiers.
● Demographic Information, such as your city, state, country of residence, and postal code.
● Profile Data, such as biographical details and any other information that you add to your account profile.
● Medical and Insurance-related Information. Our customers may provide us with sensitive information related to individuals’ health care, such as medical insurance, medical conditions, and medical services to facilitate insurance payments for care. Health care provider’s collection, use, disclosure, and transfer of PHI is governed, in turn, by their by their NPPs. All requests and questions related to PHI should be directed to providers.
Professional Information, including information relating to your role as a representative or agent of a current or prospective Customer or business, such as your work title and contact information. We use this information to conduct business with you or your employer and provide you with our Services and otherwise communicate with you.
Third-party sources. We may combine personal information we receive from you with personal information we obtain from other sources, such as:
• Data providers, such as information services and data licensors that provide demographic and other information.
• Marketing partners, unless you have opted out of receiving marketing communications.
Automatic data collection. We, our service providers and our business partners may automatically log information about you, your computer or mobile device, and your interaction over time with our Services, our communications and other online services, such as:
• Internet and Other Electronic Activity Information, such as your browsing history, search history, and your interactions with our services and our products. We collect this information through our cookies and other tracking technologies to conduct business analytics in order to approve business functionality and Services to you. We may provide this information to service providers, contractors or to other third parties as required by law.
• Your Visits to Gentem’s Website: we collect information about visits to our website, such as the number of visitors and the number of users that click on certain links or use certain services.
• Log Data: We receive information that is automatically recorded by our servers when you visit our website, including your Internet Protocol (“IP”) Address, device identifier and web browser type and version, operating system, device type and version, browser ID, the URL visited and the referring page/campaign, date/time of visit, other user agent string data, the time spent on our Services, and any errors that may occur during the visit to our Services. Log data may overlap with categories of data including:
o Analytics Data, including the electronic path you take to our Services, through our Services and when exiting our Services, UTM source, as well as your usage and activity on our Services, such as the time zone, activity information (first and last active date and time), usage history (emails opened, total log-ins) as well as the pages and links you view, click or otherwise interact with.
o Location Data, such as general geographic location which can be inferred based on your IP address.
Cookies and similar technologies. Some of the automatic collection described above may be facilitated by the following technologies:
• Cookies. Small text files called cookies are often use to improve overall Service experience. A cookie is a piece of data stored on the user’s hard drive containing information about the user.
• Local storage technologies, like HTML5, that provide cookie-equivalent functionality but can store larger amounts of data on your device outside of your browser in connection with specific applications.
• Web beacons, also known as pixel tags or clear GIFs, which are used to demonstrate that a webpage or email was accessed or opened, or that certain content was viewed or clicked.
Data about others. We may offer features that help you invite others to use the Services, and we may collect contact details about these invitees so we can deliver their invitations. Please do not refer someone to us or share their contact details with us unless you have their permission to do so.
How We Use Your Personal Information
We may use personal information for the following purposes or as otherwise described at the time of collection.
Service delivery. We may use your personal information to:
● Provide our medical billing services to a Customer with which you are associated, or provide our Services or products to you.
● Communicate with you regarding our Services and other products or services that may be of interest to you or the Customer with which you are associated.
● Understand your needs and interests, and personalize your experience with the Services and our communications.
● Provide support for the Services and respond to your requests, questions, and feedback.
● For any other business or lawful purpose reasonably anticipated within the context of Gentem’s relationship with you.
Research and development; de-identification. We may use your personal information for research and development purposes, including to analyze and improve the Services and our business. As part of these activities, we may create aggregated, de-identified, or other anonymous data from personal information we collect. We convert personal information to anonymous and de-identified data by removing information that makes the data personally identifiable to you. De-identified and anonymous data is not subject to HIPAA or most state data privacy laws. Accordingly, we may use this anonymous data and share it with third parties for our lawful business purposes, including to analyze and improve the Services and to market and promote our business.
Marketing. We and our service providers may collect and use your personal information for marketing purposes. We may send you direct marketing communications, including product recommendations. You may opt out of our marketing communications as described in the “Opt out of marketing communications” section below, in which case, we will not collect or use your personal information for marketing purposes.
Compliance and protection. We may use your personal information to:
• Comply with applicable laws, lawful requests, and legal processes, such as to respond to subpoenas or requests from government authorities;
• Protect your, our Customers’ or others’ rights, privacy, safety, or property (including by making and defending legal claims);
• Audit our internal processes for compliance with legal and contractual requirements or our internal policies;
• Enforce the terms and conditions that govern the Services; and
• Prevent, identify, investigate, and deter fraudulent, harmful, unauthorized, unethical, or illegal activity, including privacy violations, cyberattacks, and identity theft.
With your consent. In some cases, we may specifically ask for your consent to collect, use, or share your personal information, including when consent is required by law.
Cookies and similar technologies. In addition to the other uses included in this section, we may use the cookies and similar technologies described above for the following purposes:
• Technical operation. To allow the technical operation of the Services, such as by remembering your selections and preferences as you navigate the Services and whether you are logged in when you visit password-protected areas of the Services.
• Functionality. To enhance the performance and functionality of our Services.
Analytics. We may use your personal data for analytics purposes, such as to help us understand user activity on the Services, including which pages are most and least visited and how users move around the Services, as well as user interactions with our emails.
We may also use your personal data for business analytics purposes, such as helping us build and scale our Services. We use Google APIs, which are application programming interfaces developed by Google that allow communication with Google Services and their integration with other services. Examples of these include Google Calendar, Search, Gmail, Translate, and Google Maps. Google APIs also provide analytics functions. Our use and transfer to any other site or app of information received from Google APIs will adhere to the Google API Services User Data Policy, including the Limited Use requirements. You can learn more about Google APIs and read this policy by visiting https://developers.google.com/terms/api-services-user-data-policy.
How We Will NOT Use Your Personal Information
We do not sell your identifiable personal information to others. We will not sell your personal information to third parties without your consent.
We collect only the personal information we need in order to provide you with our Services. The personal information that we ask you to provide us, or give you the option to provide us, is intended to help us direct you to and deliver our Services.
How We Share Your Personal Information
We may disclose personal information in the following ways:
At Your Direction: You may authorize other companies or persons to receive your personal information from Gentem.
To Our Service Providers and Contractors: We may disclose certain personal information to service providers and contractors that provide services and support to us, such as payment processors. We contractually require service providers and contractors acting on Gentem’s behalf to take reasonable steps to protect personal information and to not use personal information for any purpose other than that for which it was given to the service provider or contractor.
Professional advisors. We may share certain information with professional advisors, such as lawyers, auditors, bankers, and insurers, where necessary in the course of the professional services that they render to us.
To Regulatory Authorities: We may disclose personal information federal, state, or local agencies for the compliance and protection purposes described above, or as required by applicable law.
To Third Parties to Fulfill Legal Obligations: From time to time, we may disclose certain personal information to other parties as required pursuant to a valid legal warrant, subpoena, court order, or other legal or regulatory mandate, or as necessary for Gentem to defend or assert legal claims.
To Potential Business Partners. We may disclose or transfer information in connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of company assets, financing, or acquisition of all or a portion of our business to another company.
To Other Parties: From time to time, we may disclose personal information to parties such as law enforcement or other government agencies when we, in good faith, believe you or others are acting unlawfully, when we believe it is necessary or appropriate to satisfy any law, regulation or other governmental request, to operate our business properly, to protect or defend our rights or the rights or well-being of our users, and when we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the health and safety of our employees, other consumers, and the general public.
Your Rights with Respect to Your Information
Access or update your information. If you have a Customer account on our Website, we store the information that you provide in your user account. You can review, modify, or delete the personal information attached to your customer account at any time by logging into your account on our Website.
Opt out of marketing communications. You may opt out of marketing-related communications by following the opt-out or unsubscribe instructions at the bottom of the email. Please note that if you choose to opt out of marketing-related emails, you may continue to receive service-related and other nonmarketing communications.
We cannot offer any assurances that the third parties we work with participate in the opt-out programs described above.
Do Not Track. Some internet browsers may be configured to send “Do Not Track” signals to the online services that you visit. We currently do not respond to Do Not Track requests. To find out more about Do Not Track, please visit http://www.allaboutdnt.com.
Declining to provide information. We need to collect personal information to provide certain services. If you do not provide the information we identify as required or mandatory, we may not be able to provide those services.
International Data Transfers
Gentem’s Website and Services are intended for residents of the United States. However, if you are located outside of the United States, please be aware that information we collect through our Website and services will be transferred to and processed in the United States. By using the Website and services or by voluntarily providing your information to us, you consent to the transfer, processing, and storage of your information in the United States.
Personal Information of Minors
Our Website and Services are not intended for use by minors, and Gentem does not knowingly collect, maintain, or process personal information submitted online by persons under the age of 16. If you are a parent or guardian of a child from whom you believe we have collected personal information in a manner prohibited by law, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. If we obtain actual knowledge that we have collected information from someone under the age of 16 from our Website without the consent of the child’s parent or guardian as required by law, we will comply with all applicable legal requirements to delete that information.
Retention and Security
Gentem follows generally accepted standards, practices, and procedures to protect the personal information we collect, both during transmission and once it is received. We maintain appropriate technical, administrative, and physical safeguards to help protect the security of your personal information against unauthorized access, destruction, loss, alteration, disclosure, or misuse.
However, security risk is inherent in all internet and information technologies, and we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information beyond the protections we employ to the greatest extent of our ability.
Third Party Websites and Content
Gentem’s Website and Services may contain links to other websites (“Third-Party Websites”), as well as articles, photographs, text, graphics, pictures, designs, music, sound, video, information, applications, software, and other content or items belonging to or originating from third parties (“Third-Party Content”). Such Third-Party Websites and Third-Party Content are not monitored, or checked for accuracy, appropriateness, or completeness by us, and we are not responsible for any Third-Party Websites or Third-Party Content. Inclusion of, linking to, or permitting the use or installation of any Third-Party Websites or any Third-Party Content does not imply approval or endorsement thereof by us. If you decide to leave Gentem Website or Services and access the Third-Party Websites or to use or install any Third-Party Content, you do so at your own risk. You should review the applicable terms and policies, including privacy and data gathering practices, of any website to which you navigate from the Gentem Website or Services.
Changes to this Policy
How to Contact Us