Gentem Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
Table of Contents
Gentem is a best-in-class revenue cycle management (RCM) and medical billing solution. Our approach uses proprietary, AI-powered technology and a team of RCM experts, including certified professional coders and billing specialists. This combination of industry-leading medical billing software and in-house expertise helps private practices increase collections, streamline billing processes and grow their businesses.
- Revenue growth and faster payments – Focus on care and never worry about cash flow or capital when Gentem processes claims and handles your A/R.
- Transparent and customizable medical billing dashboards – Get access to critical billing metrics that help you quickly spot problems and find revenue opportunities to grow your business.
- Automated workflows for claim submission, insurance eligibility and patient billing – Reduce staffing burden and improve reimbursements with medical billing workflows that prevent claim errors and eliminate tedious billing tasks.
- Customizable templates for patient billing and estimates – Improve upfront collections and strengthen patient relationships by customizing the content, channel and cadence for patient statements and estimates.
- Continuous RCM improvement and education based on internal data sets and industry standards – We use industry expertise, trends and benchmarks to ensure your practice maximizes reimbursements.
- Proactive RCM optimizations from in-house experts – Gentem provides RCM expertise tailored to your practice’s growth. We partner with you to create workflows, reports and billing processes that fit your practice’s needs and patient population.
- Platform usability – You specialize in caring for patients, not navigating complex software. Gentem’s user-friendly interface helps your team easily navigate the claim process.
The Gentem platform pays for itself by increasing collections and reducing administrative burden. On average, practices that switch to Gentem see a 20% increase in revenue and a 30% decrease in administrative costs.
Gentem was founded in early 2019 by Fisayo Ositelu, MD, our CEO, and Emmanuel (Manny) Akintayo, our CTO.
Gentem is the Latin word for “revival.” We’re on a mission to revive private medical practices and help them build thriving organizations by simplifying the reimbursement process and elevating the patient financial experience.
Gentem integrates with some of the largest EHR/PM platforms used by private practices today. With these EHR software integrations, you can streamline your reimbursement process without overhauling your existing office setup. If you want us to integrate with any other EHRs, email email@example.com as we’re constantly growing our EHR list.
Gentem works with private practices and independent physicians from a wide range of specialties. We provide RCM for specialties including (but not limited to):
We know the audit process in revenue cycle management (RCM) can be daunting. Our in-house RCM experts offer free billing assessments for private practices. These assessments provide a complete analysis of your accounts receivable (A/R), denials, collections and other crucial key performance indicators (KPIs).
If you’re an existing Gentem customer, ask your account manager about adding RCM consulting services.
Billing and Payments
Gentem customers can auto-pay pay invoices through Plaid or by mailing a check. Your Gentem team will work with you to set this up or answer any questions you may have.
We accept payments via credit card, check, ACH or wire transfer.
If you received a bill via text or email, you can pay it by clicking the green Pay button on the bill.
If you received a paper bill, you can pay it by scanning the QR code with your smartphone’s camera. You can also pay via the URL next to the QR code — type this link into your desktop or mobile browser to reach the payment site.
Because Gentem is not your medical provider, we cannot answer questions about bills from your doctor’s office. Please contact your doctor’s office directly with any questions about your bill.
Gentem Pricing and Packages
Gentem charges a percentage of total collections* and a small platform fee. The percentage of total collections varies based on your practice size and specialty. For more information about our RCM/medical billing software prices and packages, please contact our sales team.
*Certain states do not allow companies like Gentem to charge a percentage of collections. In these states, Gentem charges a flat fee per claim.
Gentem Features and Billing Process
Gentem is a fully-managed RCM platform that combines proprietary AI technology and a team of revenue cycle experts. Some of our primary features include:
- Insurance eligibility checks – Practices can save time and reduce claim denials with accurate, automated insurance eligibility checks.
- User-friendly analytics with metrics that matter most to practices – The Gentem dashboard provides accurate, real-time analytics that help practices stay on track with important revenue cycle metrics. The dashboard is easy to understand; you don’t need to be tech-savvy to find the reports you need and get the financial pulse of your practice.
- Automated claim edits and scrubbing – Gentem allows your practice to build automatic claim editing/scrubbing rules that save manual time while reducing rejections and denials. We also have a team of coders who can back up these automated processes.
- SMS text and email patient estimates – Increase upfront collections by sending payable patient estimates on a channel that matters most to your patient population. No patient portal or login is required.
- Customizable patient statements and messaging – Gentem allows your practice to customize the statements, messaging content and channel to fit your specific patient population.
- Patient billing automation – Create billing workflows that automate statements and reminders based on specific patient criteria set by your practice.
- RCM expertise and support – Gentem’s team of RCM and billing experts help your practice improve and optimize the revenue cycle. We find and fix revenue gaps and claim problems, so you get paid on time and in full.
Yes, our coders are certified professional coders (CPC certified).
Once you provide all medical documentation, we submit claims within two business days. We strive for one business day when possible. We submit claims on a rolling basis throughout each business day.
Yes, we appeal denials at the service line level and claim level.
We review each denied claim to ensure that it should have been reimbursed based on medical documentation and payer guidelines. If we determine the payer should have reimbursed the claim, we submit appeals via payer-specific appeal channels. We will reach out to the provider if we need additional documentation for the appeal.
If we see a pattern of denials, then we will provide you with coding and documentation guidance to reduce denials moving forward.
If we identify a trend of rejections, we will update our scrubbers and edit policies. We will also update your practice’s playbook and focus staff on specific payers and codes as needed.
Gentem sends patient statements through email, text and letter (paper) format. We’ll work with you to customize the statement content and sending frequency/cadence. Patients can pay via text and email. We also include a QR code and payment link on paper statements.
Note: Based on your EHR integration, you may continue sending patient statements with your EHR and not Gentem.
Revenue Cycle Management (RCM) and Medical Billing
Unlike EHR or PM systems, Gentem has one focus: Helping your practice get paid on time and in full. We don’t spread resources across a variety of practice management tools. Instead, we put all of our efforts into maximizing your reimbursements.
With a Gentem partnership, you won’t have to worry about your RCM. While EHRs typically handle only a portion of RCM, we take it all on for you.
Gentem’s billing software is also designed by physicians and backed by a team of revenue cycle experts.
You don’t need a billing team to use Gentem — we can handle your billing process for you. If you do have a billing team, Gentem works in partnership with them to optimize workflows and grow your business. While Gentem can reduce the need to hire additional headcount, our goal isn’t to replace your existing team.
- Increased revenue – Gentem customers see an average 20% boost in revenue.
- Reduced administrative burden – Practices that switch to Gentem save time and lower administrative costs by an average of 30%.
- Faster payment – On average, our customers reduce time-to-payment from 90 to 30 days.
- Stronger patient relationships and practice branding – With customizable patient billing templates and workflows, you can create statements and estimates that fit your practice’s brand and patient population.
Gentem’s team of revenue cycle experts will improve your revenue cycle management process by finding and fixing revenue gaps and identifying opportunities to maximize your reimbursements. We’ll also use proprietary AI technology to create efficient, accurate billing workflows that reduce claim rejections and denials and increase patient collections.
Gentem is a fully remote, US-based company. We do not have a physical office location. If you need a mailing address, please contact us.
Please contact your account manager directly. If you are unsure who your account manager is, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you’d like to speak with a member of our sales team, email email@example.com.
If you’re an existing Gentem customer with a support question, please contact your customer success or account manager. You can also email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Not sure who you need to contact? Email us at email@example.com.
You can also give us a call at 877-209-0174.